March 20, 2010

Chicken and Beef Kabobs

There is no better way to celebrate the first day of spring than by a grill surrounded by those closest to you. It was a beautiful, sunny, 70-degree day. I have never used an outdoor grill and I never intend to. I don't know why I have no desire to do it, but I just don't. Kind of like how I have no desire to learn how to drive stick shift. We have one car that is stick shift and one car that is automatic and I can only drive one of them. Anyway, thankfully, my husband is the grilling master. I made up beef and chicken kabobs in my new favorite Asian marinade (click here for the recipe) , served them over rice and they were so delicious! When I asked my husband how long they took to grill, he said, "45 minutes." When I asked him at what temperature were they cooked, he said, "I don't know. First 20 minutes on medium and the next 25 minutes on medium-high? You just have to eyeball it."


Ingredients:

  • 1 lb chicken
  • 1 lb sirloin steak
  • 1 green pepper
  • 1 red pepper
  • Button mushrooms
  • 1 onion
  • Asian marinade
Directions:

  1. Marinate the vegetables, chicken and beef in the frig for at least 2 hours.
  2. If using bamboo skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes to keep them from burning on the grill.
  3. Load up the skewers with the vegetables and meat.
  4. Grill to preferred doneness.
  5. Serve over rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: