July 5, 2010

Cajun Chicken Sandwich with Homemade Cajun Seasoning


My husband and I are in love with a particular Cajun Chicken Sandwich that one of our local restaurants serves. Last weekend he said to me, "It would be great if you could mimic that sandwich." Although it is not exact, it was so very close to the taste and had the perfect level of spiciness to it. I think that next time I will eliminate the oregano (my husband is not a big fan of oregano unless it's on a pizza or Stromboli) and just throw in a dash of thyme. Either way, this sandwich was delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken 
  • 1/4 c butter, melted
Cajun Seasoning Mix
  • 3/4 tbsp paprika
  • 3/4 tsp onion salt
  • 3/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp white pepper
  • 1/4 tsp cumin
  • 1/4 tsp thyme
  • 1/8 tsp oregano
Toppings
  • Mayonnaise
  • Sliced tomatoes
  • Pepper jack cheese
  • Lettuce
  • Hamburger rolls, lightly toasted




Directions:

Preheat grill to medium heat.  Pound the chicken to 1-inch thickness.

Brush the chicken with butter on all sides.  

Combine the paprika, onion salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, cumin, thyme and oregano in a shallow bowl. 

Sprinkle the seasoning mixture on both sides of the chicken.  

Grill over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken is cooked through.

Arrange the sandwich.  Spread mayonnaise on both sides of buns.  Place the chicken on the mayonnaise and top with sliced tomato, pepper jack cheese and lettuce.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. You got me with the word Cajun! It looks delicious and a must try, for sure! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm just made this and it was delicious! Toasting the bun really added the perfect crunch. I added caramelized onions and it was soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so delish! It was easy and my husband was very surprised that it had a good spice but wasnt hot. Thanks for the great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. the most delicious seasoning I've ever had....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's delicious to look at. I love Cajun Chicken whether it's in burgers, pasta, or any other dish. Thanks for sharing the recipe for this.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: