August 13, 2014

Lobster & Corn Salad Lettuce Wraps with Tarragon Mayonnaise


Exactly one week ago, on August 6th, I celebrated my 33rd fifth 29th birthday.  My husband and I called off work, and he had the entire day planned out, babysitting and all.  How exciting!  We started the day off at the Parc Bistro for brunch, where I enjoyed some amazing bouillabaisse, and he had the bourbon shrimp BLT.  Look at the evidence below - I'm turning my husband into a food blogger!  We then went for a couple's massage, had an appointment for a new tennis racquet fitting for me, had my favorite fish tacos for dinner, and played tennis with my new racquet.  Start to finish, it was a pretty amazing day!    

Well, that was last Wednesday.  Since it's still technically my birthday week (haha!), I thought I'd treat myself to a little lobster.  Okay, that was a pretty weak transition from my birthday to the recipe, but it's the best I could do!  We typically only indulge in lobster two-to-three times a year, usually when live lobster goes on sale for $6.99/lb.  I combined the steamed lobster with freshly picked corn and tomatoes from the garden along with a yummy tarragon mayonnaise.  After chilling it, I served it over romaine lettuce to make a lettuce wrap.  It's light, simple and delicious, and the tarragon mayonnaise doesn't overpower the beautiful flavor of the lobster.  




I whipped out my cell phone just in time to capture... The Evidence:



Ingredients:

Serves 4


  • 2 c lobster, cooked, shelled and chopped 
  • 1/4 c corn 
  • 1/4 c tomatoes, seeded and diced 
  • 1/4 c mayonnaise 
  • 1/2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried tarragon)
  • 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 
  • Salt, to taste
  • Pepper, to taste
  • Romaine Lettuce


Directions:

Combine the lobster, corn, tomatoes, mayonnaise, tarragon, and lemon juice in a large bowl.  Season with salt and pepper, to taste.  Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.

Evenly spoon the lobster salad into the centers of the romaine lettuce.  

Enjoy!


Up close and personal:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: