September 22, 2014

Trottole with Seafood & Smoked Gouda Alfredo


I lied.  In my previous post, I promised to start sharing recipes weekly, but it's been exactly two weeks since I've posted anything.  I had a good reason to lie, though.  We ended our summer with a much-needed beach vacation.  It was a magical time.  Yes, I'm happy to be back home and sleep in my own bed again, but I sure would love to go back for some more of that fresh seafood!  

While visions of sea scallops danced in my head, I splurged a little at the grocery store without a second thought.  I gently cooked shrimp, crab, and scallops in a simmering smoked Gouda Alfredo sauce.  I then poured that delectable, creamy mixture of goodness over cooked organic trottole.  It was so rich and creamy, it had to be a sin!  I served it with steamed broccoli and Tums.  Everything in moderation!  



Ingredients:

  • 1 lb trottole pasta
  • 5 tbsp butter 
  • 1 large garlic clove, minced
  • 1 c heavy cream, room temperature
  • 1 c fat free milk, room temperature
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese 
  • 1/4 tsp onion salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper, or to taste
  • Salt, to taste 
  • 1/3 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 1/3 lb scallops 
  • 1/3 lb cooked crab
  • 1/2 c shredded smoked Gouda 
  • 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:  

Cook the pasta in a large pot of salted water, until al dente.  Drain and set aside.  

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the garlic, and cook for one minute.  Whisk in the heavy cream, milk, Parmesan, onion salt, and pepper.  Bring the contents of the skillet to a light simmer, stirring occasionally.  Stir in the shrimp, scallops and crab.  Continue to simmer until the shrimp and scallops are cooked through, stirring occasionally.  

Pour the cooked pasta into the skillet, and stir well to combine.  Stir in the Gouda cheese, and season with salt and pepper, to taste.  

Garnish with fresh parsley.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: