February 1, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps


Hands down, my favorite part about the super bowl is the naughty food.  Well, unless the Eagles are playing - then it's a whole other story!  Last year, my little sous chef discovered the puppy bowl, which was thee perfect distraction for her while we were watching the big game.  This year, it's the kitten bowl that she's amped up about.  I have to admit - my inner creepy cat lady will claw its way out, and I know I'll be sneaking away to watch it with her quite frequently.  The kittens are seriously adorable.  And the names that they come up with are so cute.  Richard Purrman anyone?  Hilarious!  Okay.  Enough about cats.  You have to try this easy appetizer.  It's so delicious and perfect for your Super Bowl festivities. 






Ingredients:

  • 1 chicken breast half, cooked and shredded or chopped 
  • 4 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 c ranch dressing
  • 2 tbsp to 1/4 c hot sauce, to taste 
  • 1/4 c cheddar cheese, shredded 
  • 1/4 c tomato, diced 
  • Green onion, for garnish 
  • Blue cheese crumbles, for garnish 
  • Lettuce, cut into serving pieces 

Directions:

In a medium sauce pan, heat the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and hot sauce over medium heat, stirring frequently.  

Stir in the chicken and cheddar, until warmed through.  Remove from the heat and set aside.

Arrange the wraps.  Scoop a generous amount of the buffalo chicken  mixture into the center of each lettuce wrap.  Top with a little extra hot sauce, if desired.  Garnish with tomato, green onion, and blue cheese crumbles.  

Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing detailed information about recipes and appliances needed.
    Guest I need to visit Walmart for what I'm missing.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: