March 25, 2015

Baked Sweet & Spicy Cajun Chicken Drumsticks


Let's not talk about how long it's been since I've shared a recipe.  The wheels in the kitchen have certainly been turning, but my motivation wheels for blogging... not so much.  Don't get me wrong, food blogging is one of my biggest passions.  It's just that I've been spread so thin with lots of "things" over the past few months.  I'm not complaining, though.  I wouldn't change a thing about the life that God has blessed me with. 

Now on to the food - my favorite part!  I don't know about you, but I've had enough of this cold weather!  Uncle!  I've recently been craving picnic foods like potato salad, corn on the cob, drumsticks, etc.  Since it's not quite grilling season yet, I decided to bake some drumsticks in a delicious honey and Cajun seasoning sauce.  You have to try these!  They're juicy, sweet, spicy, Cajun-y (yes, I made that word up), sticky, and they fall right off the bone! 






Ingredients:


Directions:
 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper.  In a small bowl, combine the honey, butter, and Cajun seasoning.  Coat the drumsticks on all sides with the mixture.



Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.  Turn the drumsticks over and spoon the juices on top.  Turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees.  Bake uncovered for another 25 minutes, or until the juices run clear when the chicken is pierced.

Spoon the juices on top.  If you'd like crispier skin, broil for 5 minutes. 



Garnish with green onions.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: