July 30, 2015

Shrimp, Snow Peas & Mushrooms over Jasmine Rice


It's been two months already since we've moved into our new home.  Because of the timing of our settlement date, I got a little bit of a late start with my new garden.  I'm just now beginning to harvest zucchini, cucumber, tomatoes, green beans, etc.  Better late than never!  I had the exciting discovery of black cherry trees and a Chester Thornless Black Raspberry bush in my backyard last month.  The black cherries are done for the year, but I'm still getting a ton of blackberries.  Maybe jams and jellies will be on the menu soon!  I also have an overabundance of snow peas. While my little sous chef and I have generally been enjoying them raw, I decided to use them in dinner last night.  I don't know why we don't eat snow peas more often.  They're one of my favorite veggies!  My husband and daughter raved over this dish.  It's so full of flavor.  

On a different note, we got the new Samsung Galaxy S6 Active a few weeks ago.  I love so many things about it, but my favorite thing is the camera -- it takes amazing photos!  For the very first time, I decided to use a phone camera for blogging.  Not bad, right?! 




Ingredients:

  • 1 tbsp sesame oil
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1/2 c onion, diced
  • 1 garlic clove, minced 
  • 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated 
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 2 tbsp water 
  • 1 tbsp sherry
  • 1 c mushrooms, sliced 
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined 
  • 1 c snow peas, trimmed 
  • 1 tsp brown sugar 
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • Jasmine rice, cooked according to package instructions 

Directions:

Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the sesame oil and butter to the hot pan.  Stir in the onion, and cook for 3 minutes.  Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute longer.  Pour the soy sauce, water, and sherry into the skillet.

Add the mushrooms to the skillet, and cook for 2 minutes.  Stir in the shrimp and snow peas, and sprinkle with brown sugar and pepper.  Cook and stir until the shrimp are cooked through.

Serve over cooked long grain or jasmine rice.  I season my rice with butter, garlic powder, pepper, and salt.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! :)

Featured in: